Monday, June 16, 2008

This is for the Glory of God

Family and Friends,
I thought I would update you on the matter I asked you to pray for last week: Dennis. He has had a unrelenting fever for months and after laying hands on him and rebuking the fever, it left him. He also was vomiting up most of his tube fed food and after declaring deliverance, he stopped vomiting. He has been feverless and has not vomited in over five consecutive days! Praise the Lord.

Then on Saturday night three other girls and I laid our hands on him and prayed. God showed up in a beautiful way and one of the girls just prayed that a spirit of hope would rest upon Dennis and that we, as his intercessors, would live in a spirit of praise despite the outcome. The next evening, Els, the base director, placed a bowl of rice and meat before Dennis, as she usually does, hoping for a change, and Dennis picked up a piece of meat and began to eat. Dennis hasn’t eaten without a tube in over four months! How great is our God.

We are still praying for complete healing and I would encourage you to continue bringing Dennis before the throne of grace, but I just wanted to encourage you and point you to the author of life and the healer of all, Jesus Christ. I was so encouraged and I wanted to thank you all for standing with me and for declaring healing over this young boy. God has healed him and it is so beautiful to see him sit and play and smile with the other children. Praise the Lord!

Thank you Lord that this sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God that the Son of God might be glorified by it. John 11:4

3 comments:

Angela Ross said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I will continue to pray for you, the team and for Dennis!! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a testimony to the healing mercies of our Lord! This is a tremendous encouragement to my heart. Gloria a Dios, ahora y siempre.

Trent said...

O MY GOD! Literally!!! Wow Lauren, this is SO encouraging! So SO SO encouraging! Praise upon praise and glory upon glory!